You are invited to share in the Life, the Ministry and the Mission . . .
742 Depot St. Manawa, WI 54949
Our Ministry & Mission Opportunities
St. Paul Lutheran Church
St. Paul Lutheran School and Preschool
Little Lambs Child Care of Manawa
* Worship * Contemporary Worship
* Sunday School * Bible Studies
* Christian Day School * Child Care
* Choirs * Pastoral Care
* Women's Groups * Men's Group
* Sr. High Youth Group * Catechism
November 19, 1961 the first service was held in our current sanctuary
Our History . . .
It all began on October 16, 1875 as seven people gathered for a worship service on the north side of the Little Wolf river, at "Brickley Bridge."
This was only 30 years after Wisconsin became a state, and 30 years before Manawa was incorporated. Pastor Walker from New London came every three weeks to have a Saturday Service. On March 11, 1876, ten people organized St. Paul Lutheran Church.
In 1891, we called our first resident pastor, Rev. Mundinger. This was done to increase worship services from once every three weeks to have weekly Sunday worship services. Rev. Mundinger also taught school, as did many of the pastors that followed him. This was the beginning of St. Paul Lutheran School. By 1912, the school's enrollment was 110 pupils.
By April of 1925, German services were held at 9:30 a.m., and "the services in the American language" at 10:30 a.m. The record of the first English language service dates back as far as November 4, 1890.
In 1927, the congregation became a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Even prior to that, St. Paul had contributed towards missions and Synodical purpose.
Since those beginnings many lives have been touched, many friendships formed, through the mission and ministry of God
with His people of St. Paul.
* NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS & VISITORS: For security reasons the only access to our church & school will be Door #1 the main office door, during the hours of 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (the church entrance will be open for shut-in and other church services).